Monday, October 8, 2012

Abandoned



Greetings Animal Lovers,
Imagine being left behind when your parents moved away.  As a child you can't provide for yourself.  It's necessary to have your parents around to prepare food and make sure your being properly taken care of. What would happen if they just up and left you abandoned by yourself? 

To answer this we can all look to Tiffany, an adoptable cat at the Humane Society of Tampa Bay who was left behind when her owners moved out of state.  She had nothing to eat or drink or even an adequate place to go to the bathroom.  She was neglected, and found by a landlord a week and a half after her owners had moved away. When he took her into the HSTB she was extremely underweight and reeked of urine and feces she had been walking around in. She immediately warmed up to the staff and volunteers and is described as "having a ton of love" and "liking to be held and cuddled". Tiffany is fully recovered and back to her regular weight.  

If you'd like to give this once neglected girl a forever home head on down to the Humane Society of Tampa Bay located on 3607 North Armenia Ave in Tampa, Florida.  She's a year old domestic shorthair and she is spayed and litter trained.  She also has a microchip embedded in her shoulders, so if she gets lost shelters can scan it to pick up registered owner information.  Since  Tiffany has been at the shelter for more than thirty days she is now a special price of $19.00.  Maybe she's the missing piece to your family.  Go meet her and find out! 

2 comments:

  1. I adopted my big guy Stoner from a no kill shelter in Clearwater. He was found abandoned on a street. He is still the bast cat I have owned. I adopted another one at the same time I adopted Stoner. Skitzo was a nervous kitty, who had to eventually go live my sister-in-law because he enjoyed chewing on me at random times. I couldn't give him up, I just had to find him a better place where he would be less inclined to chew on people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great post, im a big believer in saving neglected or homeless animals and it kills me to see innocent animals be neglected due to carlessness. My dog Miller was a stray and when we found him he was abused and super skiddish, but now he is the picture perfect family dog! He is the most loveable dog. I know that people are hesitant to get animals from the shelter or adopt homeless animals because of their background, but honestly every animal has the potential to be a good pet! Just like my miller dog is:) If I wasnt allergic to cats I would take her in, Ill keep her in my thoughts though, hope she finds a good home!

    ReplyDelete